Boxborough Histrorical Society, Inc., 29 Middle Road Boxborough, Massachusetts 01719
The Boxborough Historical Society was founded in 1961 by a group of residents interested in preserving Boxborough's history and passing it along to the next generation.
Unlike the Historical Commision, which is a Town Committee created under State mandate, limited by State regulations, and filled by appointments by the Selectmen, the Historical Society is a private, non-profit group of volunteers which elects its officers and can accept artifacts and tax deductible contributions.
Working together with the Historical Commission and other Town groups, The Historical Society is dedicated to the recording of local history, the identification and preservation of historical sites, the cataloging and collection of historical documents and artifacts, and presenting information to the public on Boxborough's history.
The Boxborough Historical Society provides a wide variety of programs for the community. Many speakers are residents of the town and are willing to share their wealth of information.
The logo of the Historical Society depicts the original meetinghouse, which was purchased from the Town of Harvard in 1775. It was used
For Town Meetings, 1783-1835 As a Universalist Church, 1784-1842 As the Town Hall, 1870-1901 As the Town Library, 1908-1953 Destroyed by fire, 1953 Home